Stage posté par International Rescue Committee - Atlanta Volunteer Office
Publié le : 9 janv. 2013
The volunteer coordination intern works with the volunteer coordinator in the resource development department to establish strong, mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC Atlanta office in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
• Help refugee clients to receive in-kind goods via the Resettlement Shop
• Receive and organize in-kind donations
• Track in-kind donations in both donor database and client files
• Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to community groups, students, and other organizations
• Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to update client files with volunteer and resources information
• Update volunteer database
• Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention including matching mentors with client families, and coordinating intern brown bags, volunteer appreciation events, and workshops
• An interest in international and refugee issues
• Effective communication and writing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
• A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting
• Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.
To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta