Stage posté(e) par The GO Project
Publié le : 22 août 2013
The GO Project provides year-round educational and family support services to children performing below grade level and equips them with the confidence and skills needed to succeed at school, at home and in life. Certified teachers, social workers, and volunteers work with students in kindergarten through the eighth grade to ensure successful placement into quality middle and high schools.
Supporting the work of a busy 2-member development office, the Development Intern will play a key role in ensuring that GO Project meets its short and long-term fundraising goals. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-starter to learn about fundraising in the nonprofit sector.
Processing funder gifts and maintaining donor lists
Maintaining the Raiser's Edge database to assure accuracy of individual and institutional records
Drafting correspondence letters to donors
Conducting grant prospect research using tools such as Foundation Center and the Internet
Other administrative tasks related to grant-writing and event-planning, including copying, filing, and mailings
Benefits of Internship:
• Opportunities to individually interact and receive mentorship from the GO Project senior leadership team
• Invites to exclusive GO events (Young Leadership Council cocktail party, Annual Benefit, among others)
• Regular professional development and networking opportunities in development, event-planning, grant-writing, marketing, and social media
• One-day volunteering available with GO Project students if interested in direct-service opportunities
• Gain exposure to the non-profit and youth development sector
• Opportunities to learn about pressing social issues
• Free daily lunch
• Course credits if required by student
Please email Liz Trout at firstname.lastname@example.org with a thoughtful cover letter and professional resume.