Stage posté par Saprinu
Publié le : 10 déc. 2012
Education and Rural Development Assistant in Archale, Nuwakot, Nepal
Required abilities and tasks:
- Fluent in Nepali and English
- Experience translating (Nepali-English-Nepali)
- Good knowledge of government, legal, education, development and administrative vocabulary
- Travel to and from village with program coordinator and ability to live in Nuwakot approximately 2 weeks per month
- Comfortable living in home stay setting in a rural village
- Experience with and knowledge of social surveys (how to construct them, proper statistical analysis, etc)
- Minimum education requirement: Master's in Sociology/Anthropology, Rural Development, Education or a related field.
- Assistant to the Education and Rural Development Program Coordinator for Saprinu
- Conducting social surveys in rural communities in Nuwakot District related to development and education
- Meetings with government officials, education officials, community members, teachers, school administration, School Management Committee members, local NGO members, parents and various village organizations and committees (youth group, women's group, small business groups, etc.)
- Facilitating discussions and meetings with various members of the community.
Please send a cover letter and CV to Paul Josephson at email@example.com