Stage posté par International Rescue Committee - Atlanta Volunteer Office
Publié le : 9 janv. 2013
Learning English is a crucial skill to helping refugees adjust to life in their new country. The IRC-Atlanta Education Team provides several levels of English Language classes. Instruction is focused on developing vocabulary and confidence for dealing with real world situations such as shopping, public transportation, employment, and other daily living skills. Classes are held at Monday through Thursday between 9:30 am and 2:00 pm. This internship requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours a week for no less than a total of 120.
• Assist instructor in daily classroom activities including one-on-one tutoring, leading small group conversational practice, and teaching specific components of the curriculum
• Support program activities by researching new curriculum content and preparing educational materials as requested by instructor
• Assist instructor to administer assessment tools to evaluate students' progress during course of study and appropriate placement into a class level
• Assist with record-keeping, data entry, and file maintenance to support program administration
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Previous teaching experience a plus
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment; international experience a plus
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.
To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta