Stage posté par Search for Common Ground
Publié le : 16 janv. 2013
The Strategic Development Department at Search for Common Ground is seeking a part-time or full-time intern to assist with new media and communications. The New Media Intern will report to the Strategic Development Department and assist in a variety of online marketing, social media, and communications projects, working with our field offices in 30 countries around the world. Through hands-on training, the New Media Intern will learn strategy and tactics for social media and communication that can be broadly applied to the nonprofit sector and marketing in general. The scope of the internship will be tailored to the intern's strengths and experience, building on the individual's skills. This is an unpaid internship with the option of earning college credit.
Assisting in drafting and editing blogs, website content, and other written materials
· Assisting in liaising with offices abroad
· Assisting in upkeep of SFCG's media sites
· Monitoring influential social media sites, blogs, and twitter accounts to keep up-to-date on media trends/news
· Assisting in creative process for coming up with new social media techniques and messaging
· Assisting with staff training to facilitate content input/updates on their end
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Have or be in the process of acquiring a bachelor's and/or graduate degree in journalism, communications, English or other writing related degree.
· Experience with social media
· Knowledge of AP style is a plus
· Self-starter; organized; detail-oriented
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
· Experience with browser-based email blast services are a plus, but not mandatory (ex: Constant Contact, Salsa, etc.)
· Ability to work creatively and have fun!
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume email@example.com the subject headingNew Media Internship, and note where you found this posting. In your cover letter, please clearly state why our program is of interest to you, what you can bring to the organization, and what experience you hope to gain from the internship. Please include a writing sample, cover letter, and resume.Also, include the dates of your availability and the number of hours per week to which you can commit. Candidates who can intern a minimum of 20 hours per week are preferred.No phone calls please. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Please see our websitewww.sfcg.orgfor more details of our work. Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis.While we will make this a very rewarding internship experience for you, note this is an unpaid internship