Stage posté par Save the Harbor/Save the Bay
Publié le : 3 déc. 2012
Save the Harbor/Save the Bay is a non profit, public interest environmental advocacy organization led by a broad group of civic, corporate, cultural, and community leaders as well as citizens and scientists whose shared mission is to:
• restore and protect Boston Harbor and Massachusetts Bay
• reconnect our citizens, our communities and especially our young people to the sea
• ensure the balanced development of a world-class waterfront for everyone to enjoy
Position Description: Save the Harbor is looking for a volunteer or intern, to begin as soon as possible, to help with public relations, community outreach, online marketing, social media development, and event planning. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone interested in developing their portfolio in communications and media relations while contributing to a successful non-profit organization.
The Communications & Events Intern will play a strong roll in:
• drafting press releases and blog posts
• maintaining media contacts
• updating webpage and Facebook content
• maintaining an up-to-date online newsroom and photo library
• developing online marketing and communication campaigns
• assisting in the planning and coordinating of various community events
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills and experience with social media. A willingness to learn is acceptable in lieu of experience. This position is 15-35 hours a week depending on availability, and is located at our office on Fish Pier in South Boston.
Compensation: Save the Harbor/Save the Bay does not provide stipends for internships, but will work closely with students to see that the internship meets credit requirements. You need not be a student to apply.
We are looking for applicants for spring semester internship positions to begin in January and end in May.
212 Northern Avenue, Suite 304 W
Boston, Massachusetts, 02210, United States
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Rajani Marie Rizzo at 617-451-2860 x 1006 for more information.