For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM's strategy to support the Syrian population is based on a regional approach around 3 main pillars.
Support to refugee populations: primary, sexual, reproductive, mental health and post-operative health care for Syrian refugees in neighboring countries through MdM clinics and support to local organizations. Support to existing health facilities inside Syria: Emergency medical assistance to the Syrian population inside Syria through the support of networks of Syrian doctors and existing health facilities. Support to displaced populations in Northern Syria: Primary, sexual and reproductive health care services for internal displaced populations (in camps located in northern Syria) through MdM clinics.
In 2014 MdM also launched activities to meet the needs emerged after the ISIS attacks in Iraqi Kurdistan, which led thousands of Iraqis internally displaced within Iraqi Kurdistan and refugees in south eastern Anatolia area in Turkey.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As regional reporting officer you will be responsible, under the supervision of the regional coordinator for the Syrian – Iraqi crisis, for the coordination of streamlining timely quality reports and proposals for Médecins du Monde's programme in Syria and neighbouring countries.
More specifically you will in charge of:
1. Report and proposal coordination (in collaboration with the Desk in HQ, the Regional Office and the General Coordinators in the field)
- Support the desk and General Coordinators in the coordination and the writing of proposals
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ/donors
- Merge contributions from the various country missions in joint proposals
- Ensure consistency and quality throughout, including log-frame, at the national and regional levels
- Work in close collaboration with the Regional Financial Coordinators to ensure coherence between budget and narrative
- Attend donor meetings and relay information to Country Missions as requested by the General Coordinators or the Regional Representative
- Support country missions in the coordination and writing of donor reports
- Ensure timely submission to HQ and adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff
- Responsible for merging reports from different country missions and ensuring consistency and quality throughout the report
- Work in close collaboration with Regional Financial Coordinators to ensure coherence between budget and narrative
- Conduct regular visits to Lebanon and Turkey to provide hands-on support in the preparation of key reports
- Explore capacity building needs for report and proposals, donors' requirements and project cycle management amongst the country missions and develop appropriate training (MdM National Staff, Expatriate Staff and partners)
- Deliver training sessions
- Attend relevant trainings and workshops
- Support General Coordinators for all other donor related documents (concept notes, amendments, etc.)
- Update and disseminate on a monthly basis the Regional grants tracker and ensure uniformity with HQ trackers
- Continue the development of the accountability strategy/document for the Syria response as well as accountability plan for each country mission
- Train and support MdM staff involved in project Management at country level and support in the implementation of the accountability plan
- Work in close collaboration with the Regional Monitoring Coordinator and take on upcoming tasks as necessary
3. MdM Network Member Relations
- Develop the quarterly Syrian Crisis Snapshot in coordination with the missions, the Regional team and HQ and the support of the International Network Departement
- Liaise with the International Network Department regarding specific request from other member of MdM Networks
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Volunteer - VSI
Contract : Volunteer - VSI (French status)
Duration : 12 months
915 euros / month + perdiem
Starting date: 19/12/2016
Trips to Turkey, Lebanon and Iraq
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master degree in the following or related field: development, international relations, humanitarian management
At least one year of experience in a similar role
Experience of writing proposals/reports
Demonstrated experience of coordinating and preparing strong narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors
Demonstrated experience developing multiple narrative and cost proposals simultaneously
Experience developing and working with project budgets
Understanding of donor compliance, ECHO, DAHI, German MoFA a plus
Experience in humanitarian and development context highly appreciated
Personal skills required
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
Excellent Team player
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability and capacity to take initiatives to changing requirements
Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
English: fluent (oral, written)
French: an asset
Arabic: an asset
You are committed to MdM's values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Domaines d'activité :
- Amman, Irbid, Jordanie
Application deadline:27 déc. 2016
Date de début :1 déc. 2016
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:Aucun spécifié