Overview of AJWS
Inspired by the Jewish commitment to justice, American Jewish World Service (AJWS) works to realize human rights and end poverty in the developing world. AJWS advances the health and rights of women, girls and LGBT people; promotes recovery from conflict, disasters and oppression; and defends access to food, land and livelihoods. AJWS pursues lasting change by supporting grassroots and global human rights organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and by mobilizing supporters in the U.S. to advocate for global justice. Working together, the AJWS community strives to build a more just and equitable world.
Overview of Department
The AJWS Human Resources team contributes to realizing this purpose by fostering a work environment that inspires excellence. The team focuses its resources and efforts on the lifecycle quality of employee activities with ongoing attention to employee engagement, talent acquisition and retention, learning and development, performance management, employee relations, regulatory compliance, compensation, benefits, payroll and HR data management.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will support the full employee life cycle including:
- Manage the talent acquisition process, for all openings below Associate Director;
- Support strategic research, finance, IT and risk management units with HR activities, including performance management, professional development and employee relations;
- Lead interactive and engaged annual internship program;
- Present monthly and quarterly HR orientation sessions (including employee benefits);
- Act as first point of contact for employees queries, including employee benefits and policy interpretation; and
- Collaborate with HR Director and HR team on other projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field;
- 4-6+ years' progressive experience within the Human Resources function; recruitment and employee benefits experience strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of payroll, benefits, leave policies and other regulatory requirements pertaining to employment strongly preferred;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with multiple and varied assignments;
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standard;
- Experience within international human rights; international development and with Jewish communities a plus; and
- Commitment to AJWS's mission and core values.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
AJWS is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Domaines d'activité :
45 West 36th Street
New York, NY, US 10018
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:Aucun spécifié