Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 31 déc. 2012 23:04:29
The mission of the Taiwanese American Citizens League is to enhance the quality of life for Taiwanese Americans. Our work is largely devoted to:
Leadership Instilling leadership qualities to enrich the quality of life of ourselves and the communities we serve, while also increasing our visibility.
Identity Building an understanding of Taiwanese American heritage, encouraging pride in Taiwanese American identity, and helping to contribute to a Taiwanese American culture ever richer in its diversity.
Networking Networking with other Taiwanese American, Asian and Pacific Islander, minority and other citizens, as a means of empowerment, to gain respect from and equality with all Americans.
Citizenship Helping to instill in our community a greater sense of citizenship, stressing both the responsibilities and rights that come with it, so that all may share in the task of forging a strong future and the benefits that follow.
The purposes of the TAIWANESE AMERICAN CITIZENS LEAGUE are to:
(1) Enhance the well-being of Taiwanese Americans in the United States, and
(2) Promote Taiwanese American participation in the American democratic system, and
(3) Foster the exchange of ideas and information among TACL members, and
(4) Present educational programs aimed at the special needs of Taiwanese Americans, and
(5) Encourage the growth of the Taiwanese American community nationwide, and
(6) Develop and maintain cooperation with other organizations.