Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 26 août 2013 18:59:15
Meals on Wheels People was founded in 1970. We provide hot noon meals to seniors in neighborhood dining rooms throughout the greater metropolitan area and deliver Meals-On-Wheels to homebound seniors. We serve over 1.2 million meals per year
No senior will go hungry or experience social isolation.
The mission of Meals on Wheels People is to enrich the lives of seniors and assist them in maintaining independence by making nutritious food, social contacts and other resources easily accessible. To the extent possible we will also serve disabled and institutionalized individuals. We accomplish this through an organization that is community based, emphasizes volunteer involvement and is financially sound.
Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Creativity, Compassion, Commitment
Meals on Wheels People:
- has 36 dining rooms in three counties
- serves and delivers 5,000 meals daily
- depends on 500 volunteers every day
- provides a choice of at least two entrées daily
- provides ethnic meals at many centers, including Hispanic, Asian, Native American and Russian meals
- features a wide variety of programming