Join us online on March 11 to help launch a new network for action and change.
Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 30 déc. 2012 04:30:02
Volunteer in Cusco, "the Navel of the World"
Sonco Wasi is a non-profit association based in the town of Cusco in Peru, working with disadvantaged and disabled children.
We are a small, genuine and friendly association started by a group of friends that saw and responded to a need in the village of Taray after the disasterous floods of 2010. We have been working in this village for more than 2 years providing a place for the children to go after school for fun and workshops in art, music, ecology and english and this year we have begun a second arm of Sonco Wasi, working with disabled children some of whom have been abandoned by their parents because of their disability.
We are in need of volunteers to come and share our work and contribute to our workshops. For more information please contact Emily or Karol email@example.com
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS WHO...
1. Flexible and willing to learn and help
2. Experience or enthusiastic about working with children, some with special needs
3. Reliable, patient and pro active
4. Able to work effectively and respectfully with people from different economic/cultural/linguistic backgrounds
5. Good communication and people skills
7. Experience in teaching or interest in teaching
8. Spanish skills or interested to learn Spanish