Pan African Organisation for Research and Protection of Violence on Women and Children (PAORP-VWC) is a Non-Governmental Human Rights and Development Organisation registered in Ghana under the Registrar General's Department and Social Welfare as a Charity no G-25,584. Though being a charity, we believe in integrated and participatory approaches in promoting meaningful Change that will provide a safer environment for women and children rather than just being charitable to them by providing their basic daily needs of food, Shelter and clothing.
PAORP-VWC is an Non-Sectarian, Non-Political and Non-Profit-making Organisation out to lobby with policy makers and opinion leaders on behalf of women and children who are the most vulnerable in the society and whose voices are never been taken into consideration when major decisions are to be taken. PAORP-VWC is the voice of the voiceless pushing its ways across African countries. The founding fathers are experts humanitarian professionals drawn across many African countries. With many years of staff experiences in the field of complex humanitarian emergencies across Africa, PAORP-VWC is created to intervene where other organisations may not dare because of the complexity of the crisis. We work using gender sensitive participatory approaches to obtain sustainable solutions to our core values. We have offices in Ghana and Cameroon and will expand to other African Countries soon.
Objectives of PAORP-VWC
• Conduct Research on human rights issues.
• Build capacities of community stakeholders on issues related to human rights and conflict management
• Promote programs on women and children's health.
• Work against human trafficking of women and children. .
• Research and support Projects meant at developing the economic potentials of women and children.
• Conduct seminars/training on issues related to women and children
• Lobby for funds from international bodies to support women and children activities within their communities.
• Place local and international volunteers on programs of human rights and development within target communities.
• Organise workshops/conferences meant at promoting peace and co-existence within target communities
• Carry-out sensitization programs within communities on children's rights to education and other facilities to promote their hidden talents.
• Undertake sound environmental Projects aimed a protecting the environment, such as managing water catchments, carrying our proper waste disposal and tree planting projects as means of labour saving techniques for women and children.
• Provide welfare services to women and youths with assistance from local and foreign agencies.
• Lobby with traditional and governmental agencies for the eradication of discriminatory laws and practices against women.
PAORP-VWC MISSION STATEMENT.
The mission of PAORP-VWC is to research, organize, support, expand and strengthen the activities of Human Rights Organisations, women and youth groups to work to achieve Human Rights of the minority population through the emancipation and empowerment of women and youths within their communities. This will be done by, providing them desired services and representing their interest with the governments as well as national and international organizations.
The Gender Policy of PAORP-VWC
Our Policy is to promote Gender Sensitive Participatory Approaches in development research, formulating programmes, implementation and evaluation of all programmes to meet up with the needs of our target beneficiaries and donor partners. This will encouraged active involvement of men, women and children in determining what has to be done, when and how within our target communities.
"Together lets stop inhuman treatment of vulnerable persons"
How the society see and say of our organisation:-
"PAORP-VWC, Path-Finder for the emancipation and empowerment of Women & Children in Africa"
For that reason we are telling you that...
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can Change the World"
"We are Community Service Volunteers...People for Progress"