Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 6 déc. 2013 17:33:27
Mass Energy Consumers Alliance
Since 1982, Mass Energy has pursued a mission to make energy more affordable and environmentally sustainable for the consumers of Massachusetts. In 2007, Mass Energy merged with Rhode Island's People's Power & Light to form a new nonprofit, the Energy Consumers Alliance of New England. In Massachusetts, we continue to do business as Mass Energy and in Rhode Island as People's Power & Light.
Over the years we have developed various programs to achieve this goal:
• Discount Heating Oil Network • Using the buying power of over 16,000 members the Mass Energy Heating Oil Alliance is able to negotiate better prices for consumers. This program is available to any household regardless of income that wants to save money on heating oil.
• Green Power Programs Our New England Wind Fund and New England GreenStart programs enable consumer to choose electricity resources that are cleaner and healthier for the environment than current sources of electricity.
- New England GreenStart - This is part of a program called GreenUp that is offered to customers of National Grid. GreenStart allows you to choose cleaner healthier electricity right on your electricity bill.
- New England Wind Fund - This program, started in 2006, allows consumers to support the development of wind projects in New England with tax deductible donations. There are monthly, gift, event, and business offset options available.
• Solar Energy Programs We promote solar energy by educating consumers, fostering industry partnerships and administering incentives.
• Oil Bank Through the generosity of our members, foundations, and good corporate citizens, we provide heating oil assistance for members of our community who need it most.
• Advocacy Our staff serves as a trusted voice for both consumers and the environment on local, state and regional energy issues.