Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour: 25 janv. 2011 16:25:28
The Juilliard School established this country's standard for education in the performing arts, beginning with music in 1905. In 1951, its Dance Division was established, with combined training in contemporary and ballet technique. Juilliard became part of Lincoln Center in 1968, and added a four-year drama program. A residence hall - the School's first - was completed in 1990, and in 2001, Juilliard broke new ground with the addition of its jazz program; a graduate program in Historical Performance began in fall 2009, the same year that Juilliard inaugurated its partnership with the Metropolitan Opera's Lindemann Young Artist Development Program. The School continues to educate thousands of aspiring artists and expand its mission to instill a strong sense of activism, outreach, and arts advocacy in its students. Currently more than 800 young artists from 44 states (plus Washington, D.C.) and 46 foreign countries attend Juilliard.
Juilliard has approximately 800 students in it's three divisions.