À l'heure actuelle, nous n'avons pas d'ouvertures d'emploi, de possibilités de bénévolat, ou d'événements prochains.
S'identifier ou adhérer pour être parmi les premiers à savoir quand de nouvelles ouvertures ou des événements sont ajoutés!
Kanahau URCF is a newly established research facility on the north side of the island of Utila, Honduras. The facility is located about two miles outside the only town. It is surrounded by tropical broad leaf forest, just a few hundred feet from the Caribbean sea and is situated at the bottom of 'Pumpkin Hill' which affords unparalleled views of this small island. Kanahau is a small but dedicated research facility with four full-time members of staff. We offer full board accommodation, including three meals a day, for eight to twelve people, although we can also cater for larger groups by arrangement (with camping or outside accommodation options).
Who can join us? Anyone, students who wish to gain some genuine field experience, volunteers looking to help conservation efforts on the island and researchers doing a master or PhD theses. Although primarily biology based we welcome researchers from all areas of study.
As of 2016 we are running projects on herpetofauna, iguanas, bees, bats and an environmental education project. We also looking for someone to develop our Internet presence. If you are interested in joining us you can contact us through www.kanahau.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To support, promote and implement research on the flora and fauna of Honduras, with focus on the Bay Islands Department.
2. Provide support services for the processing of scientific research permits and work in partnership with national counterparts.
3. Provide logistical support to researchers, assistants, interns and volunteers.
4. Promote activities that generate local employment opportunities.
5. Provide guided ecotourism services in the nature of Honduras.
6. Create nature reserves with limited and controlled access to researchers, educational institutions and the general public.
7. Develop a digital database of research information with easy access to the public.
8. Disseminate scientific information nationally and internationally on the flora and fauna of Honduras to develop scientific tourism and ecotourism in Honduras.
9. Collaborate in conservation work with associations, institutions, and environmental organizations.
10. Organize local and national events to educate, promote, raise awareness about the environment.