Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 11 août 2014 17:05:25
GFWC—Dedicated to Community Improvement by Enhancing the Lives of Others through Volunteer Service
The General Federation of Women's Clubs, one of the world's largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational, women's volunteer service organizations, was founded in 1890 and chartered by the 56th United States Congress in 1901.
Headquartered in a National Historic Landmark building in Washington, D.C., GFWC has a long history of philanthropy, social and political advocacy, and community leadership.
More than 100,000 members in affiliated clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries work in their own communities to support the arts, preserve natural resources, advance education, promote healthy lifestyles, encourage civic involvement, and work toward world peace and understanding.