Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 6 déc. 2010 05:16:17
Riverside Park Fund works to nurture Riverside Park's well-being, to preserve its historic nature, and to lead the community in developing active stewardship.
Founded in 1986 by a small group of community activists, the Fund has become a strong non-profit umbrella support organization for Riverside Park's 330 acres. Our urban jewel hugs the Hudson River for over four miles from 65th to 155th Street and is an important resource for recreation and relaxation for a diverse community.
The Fund's work encompasses seven primary areas:
• We communicate with local residents about Park issues, needs, and activities.
• We train, guide, and equip an extensive Grassroots volunteer corps.
• We offer environmental education experiences for schoolchildren and families.
• We raise private support for Park maintenance, safety, and improvements.
• We help neighborhood groups organize and make improvements to specific Park areas.
• We advocate with public officials to find funding for renewal and restoration projects.
• We sponsor events in the Park and encourage its use.