Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 11 déc. 2013 14:45:40
Just A Start House recognizes that the lack of safe, affordable housing and adequate support systems for young families has led to the increasing rate of homelessness. In our effort to prevent and eliminate homelessness and empower young families, we endeavor to:
- Provide a safe and supportive refuge from homelessness and abuse.
- Help young women gain the knowledge and life skills they need to live independently and to advocate on their own behalf
- Encourage mothers to enhance the self-esteem and security necessary for positive nurturance of children
- Value human dignity, increase the respect and appreciation for the uniqueness of each individual, and maintain a commitment to addressing the issues of oppression, including racism, classism, sexism and homophobia
- Create a community and environment which extends beyond the shelter as young families transition into permanent housing