Association ou organisation à but non lucratif
Dernière mise à jour : 20 oct. 2013 10:43:16
Community Concerns Uganda (CCUg) is a Christian community based organization founded on the pillars of love, hope and a desire for change. CCUg works to address the needs and aspirations of the underprivileged using a holistic approach directed specifically towards poverty reduction. The organization was started in 2010, registered in 2011 and currently has projects in Nakalanga Village (Bukatube Sub county), Magamaga (along the Jinja-Iganga Highway) and in Wairaka Town (Jinja district) where our offices are located.
1. To increase the household income of the community members and improve their standard of living so that they can move towards a self sustainable future.
2. To provide assistance through education in reducing diseases caused by poor sanitation and personal hygiene.
3. To increase the literacy rate among the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) through the provision of scholarships for school education.
4. To increase on school retention among adolescent girls and boys by improving the general awareness about sexual/reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
5. To provide psycho-social support to men and women affected by domestic violence
6. To promote government programs especially those related to health and enhancing community development.
7. To be the voice that helps persuade policy makers to be more responsible towards the needs of the community.
Mission: To improve the social, economic and psychological welfare of the community.
A self - sustaining community with healthy, educated members living in safe and clean households.
Sharing, Serving, Transparency, Respect, Hope, Love and concern for others.
Sub-Saharan Africa , Youth , Mental health , Social enterprise , international development , Volunteering , International Volunteering , Economic development , Poverty and hunger , Health and medicine , Community development , Philanthropy , Human services , Education , Network of nonprofits , Women