Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par WorkingAbroad Projects
Publié le : 9 janv. 2013
Volunteers are needed to work on grassroots community development projects in Dharamsala, Northern India, home of the Tibetan Refugee community and his holiness the Dalai Lama. Volunteer projects include education, primary care, women's empowerment, health education and more.
Volunteers can work on one or more of a range of community service projects in Dharamsala, including:
- Teaching Projects - Teaching English to women and children
- IT Teaching - Teaching basic IT skills
- Childcare Projects - Caring for infants and children, including street children
- After school programmes/Summer camps - Assisting local teachers and staff with after school programmes and summer camps
- Renovation of local institutions - Assisting with the renovation of local institutions and creating clean, bright learning spaces
- Community Health - Making community health visits/community health awareness training
- Women's Empowerment - Working towards improving women's rights in society (including job skills training)
Type of Volunteers needed Volunteers should be aged 18 years upwards and speak English. All nationalities are welcome. Volunteers joining the health education project should ideally have some previous experience.
Dates and durations:
You can join for 2 up to 12 week durations, year round, starting on a Sunday. We are however flexible with dates and can accommodate as well. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions about dates.
The costs for the project are as follows: 2 weeks is £491, 4 weeks is £682, 6 weeks is £872, 8 weeks is £1061, 10 weeks is £1251 and 12 weeks is £1441. There is also the option to add on various travel tours in India, at an additional cost. The above costs include; pick up at Delhi airport, one night stay at a hotel in Delhi and transfer to Dharamsala, all meals at a volunteer house (breakfast, lunch & dinner- cooked by a staff chef), all accommodation, cultural activities to include Indian cooking and decorative henna painting.
To apply/for more details, please visit http://www.workingabroad.com/page/347/dharamsala-community-development-project-india.htm or contact Aaron by email at email@example.com or phone +44 1273 479 047