Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par The Santi School Project
Publié le : 27 janv. 2013
The Santi School Project seeks several individuals to prepare corporate and foundation grants and letters of inquiry for our programs in Nepal. Specifically, we're hoping to pursue grants in the following areas:
- primary school teacher training in Nepal
- an innovative program in Nepal that places high school graduates from cities as volunteers in rural schools
- school construction and renovation in Nepal
In 2012, we received a $15,000 grant from Better World Books to conduct a teacher training program for more than 150 teachers in rural Nepal.
• Gain an understanding of the Santi School programs for which we are requesting funding.
• Prepare letters of inquiry and grant applications with careful attention to detail, including proper grammar and spelling. Previous volunteers have conducted research of potential grant makers to identify appropriate targets for us.
• The grant writer will NOT be required to track the progress of the grant after submission, (unless you want to; we won't turn down any help!) or submit progress reports to any grant-making organization that has funded a program (unless, again, you specifically want to do that).
• Research and identify additional grant makers, should our current targets not prove fruitful
• Previous experience writing grants is preferred, but not mandatory
• Comfort working remotely (The Santi School Project does not have an office.) If you live in the Baltimore and New York City areas, we could meet you on a regular basis, if you prefer.
• Comfort working alone or in small groups. Self motivation will also be helpful.
This is a volunteer position. We cannot offer compensation, but we can provide a letter of recommendation. The estimated time commitment is flexible; 10 hours per month is preferred.
The Santi School Project promotes quality education in rural Nepal, especially for girls and ethnic minorities, who are often excluded from school. We build and repair primary schools as well as provide specialized early childhood education instruction for teachers because government-sponsored training is limited. Everyone involved in the project in the U.S. is a volunteer. For more information, please visit www.santischool.org and www.facebook.com/santischool
We are open to volunteers who can work remotely. If you live in the New York City area or the Baltimore area that's even better (so we could actually meet you in person.)
Email your resume or a short description of your professional experience to email@example.com and write "grant writer" in the subject line. Tell us a little about yourself and why you're interested.