Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par The Young Professionals of the United Nations Association, Southern NY State Division
Publié le : 5 févr. 2013
The Young Professionals is a program of the United Nations Association of the USA's Southern NY State Division (UNA-SNY YP). A program of the United Nations Foundation, UNA-USA is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to building understanding of and support for the ideals and work of the UN among the American people. Its education, policy and advocacy programs emphasize the importance of cooperation among nations and the need for American leadership at the UN. Through discussions, partnerships, and action-oriented initiatives, UNA-SNY YP offers its members a platform for education, advocacy, professional development in international affairs, and the opportunity to volunteer in international service. The group consists of diverse young professionals from the fields of business, law, public service, healthcare and the media. Since its establishment in 2004, UNA-SNY YP has signed up over 500 members from the NYC metropolitan area and has an outreach to 3000+ young professionals. For more information, visit http://www.unasouthernny.org/young-professionals.
Benefits of serving as a Committee Director and Board Member
There are numerous benefits to serving on the UNA-SNY YP Board, including:
Responsibilities and Time Commitment:
1. The UNA-SNY YP board meets monthly to plan and report on activities for about 1-2 hours on a weekday evening (starting at 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.). Meetings are conducted in-person every month.
2. Committee Directors are typically expected to spearhead two (2) events per calendar year for the YP audience. In this way, event planning is spearheaded by the Committee Director who is supported by the committee members. The Committee Director(s) serve as UNA-SNY YP Board members.
3. Board members are expected to participate, as appropriate, in discussions/decision-making process that takes place by e-mail in between monthly Board meetings.
4. Board Members are encouraged to attend YP events produced by fellow colleagues.
Description and Responsibilities - Treasurer
This is a six-month interim position with potential to continue as a long-term (two-year term) position.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2013 with the subject line: "Treasurer application", along with your responses to the questions below in a separate document. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
2013 UNA–SNY YP Board Member Application Form
I. Background Information:
Years of Experience, as applicable, in International Affairs* (lack of experience in this area does not preclude consideration for a leadership position):
Total Years of Work Experience:
II. Resume: (Please attach)
III. Questions: (250 word maximum response per question)
1. Why are you interested in becoming a UNA-SNY YP Committee Director/Board member?
2. Please explain how you will be able to meet the time commitment required by the UNA-SNY YP Board. In your response, please estimate your work responsibilities, travel schedule and personal commitments for 2013 and how this will impact your ability to meet your UNA-SNY YP responsibilities.