Mission bénévole posté(e) par Sustainable Silicon Valley
Publié le : 10 oct. 2013
SSV is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 that is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with businesses, government agencies, and community organizations to identify and address the highest-priority environmental issues. We do this by creating opportunities for collaboration and innovation and building the capacity for leadership in sustainability and through pilot projects for solution implementation to achieve the vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Position: Writer / Copyeditor
Non-Compensated Volunteer Position
Part-time Telecommuting is OK
Time Commitment: 10-15 h/week, 3-6 months period
About the position:
Writer/Copyeditor is a non-compensated volunteer position. Working under the supervision of the Lead Writer and the Marketing Director.
The candidate has to provide his/her own laptop.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: experience gained while volunteering on various projects, proving capabilities in a nonprofit organization environment in the field of sustainability, networking opportunities, and current resume entry job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Write white papers and articles for the SSV and EcoCloud websites and Newsletter
● Ghost write articles for the president or board members of SSV
● Interview policy makers and environmental and industry leaders for SSV and EcoCloud websites
● Follow up on stories by content leads in the areas of Energy, Water, Materials and Transportation
● Support the Marketing and WEST Summit team with timely content as required
● Blog on EcoCloud
● Copyedit content on SSV and EcoCloud for consistent writing and style across the site
● Write about sustainability, environment, development, clean technology, energy, water, materials
● Copyedit articles and other content on the SSV and EcoCloud websites
● Brainstorm with other team leads/departments to come up with suitable content
● Attend meetings to keep abreast of events at SSV so as to generate fresh content in articles or blogs
● Strong motivation to excel at SSV
● Ability to write, edit, proofread and fact check your articles
● Familiarity with the rules of grammar and style
● Internet savvy with fact checking and link checking skills
● Ability to produce results in a timely manner
● A beginner or established blogger in the field of sustainability with a volunteering spirit is welcome to join our team
● A Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Sustainability, Environmental Studies and Education will be nice to have. We welcome students in these disciplines.
● Contacts in the field of Sustainability – in industry and education – will be nice to have.
● A passion for sustainability and environmental issues!
Please send your application and writing samples or links to your blog or writing samples to: email@example.com