Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par Alzheimer's Association, Greater Illinois Chapter
Publié le : 17 déc. 2012
REPORTS TO: Beverly Kimmons
1) General Summary of Position: As the Chapter continues to expand its reach into diverse communities, the need to make available linguistically and culturally appropriate written materials continues to increase as well. It is desirable, therefore, to initially have a translation team of four to six bi-literate individuals who can translate existing education and Helpline materials from English into Spanish. Once protocols and processes have been established for this working group, the goal will be to attract additional volunteers who are literate in other foreign languages so that comparable materials can be provided to other diverse groups.
2) Schedule Requirements: There are no schedule requirements, but there is an expectation that work be completed in a timely manner. Volunteers can work remotely.
3) Length of Committment: Volunteers will be asked to make a minimal commitment of 6 months, though the work involved may take longer to accomplish. Ideally, volunteers will be willing to make an open commitment as this is a new volunteer opportunity and it is unknown how the work will be divided, how long it will take to complete each translation, etc.
4) Essential Job Functions: Each volunteer will be required to translate written materials (that will be provided by the Chapter) from English into Spanish. Access to a computer is required as is, of course, computer literacy.
5) Minimum Requirements: Written competency in Spanish is required. Previous experience in translating written materials is highly desirable, but not required.
6) Training Requirements: Training on the protocol and processes for translating materials will be provided once the team is in place. Training will either be conducted in-person at the Beasley Center or via conference call.
Please contact Senior Manager of Volunteers, Louie Iovane at 847.933.2413 or Louie.firstname.lastname@example.org