Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par Energy Corps
Publié le : 23 janv. 2013
Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP), Hiawatha, Iowa
June 3, 2013 - April 30, 2014
Members serve 1700 hours over the term of service, averaging 40 hours per week, which may include some evening and weekend hours
The Energy Corps member serving with the Hawkeye Area Community Action Program will assist in expanding existing energy education and weatherization services to low-income individuals in the region.
• Promote energy efficiency and conservation through public trainings
• Educate residents about heating system maintenance and general energy conservation education. This may take place as part of a classroom presentation for groups or in conjunction with weatherization evaluations or inspections.
• Assist in the development and implementation of school-based energy education
• Assist with Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) overflow application intake and crisis energy assessment and resolution
• Must be over 18 with a high school diploma or GED; some college or work experience preferred
• Experience or interest in energy efficiency and sustainability practices
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team and individually
• Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds. Spanish language skills helpful.
• Good organization and communication skills, and is outgoing and personable
• Basic computer proficiency
• Must pass a national service criminal history check
• Member will have recurring access to vulnerable populations
• Green job training and professional development
• Living allowance of $12,100 over the 47 week term of service
• An AmeriCorps Education Award ($5,550) upon successful completion of service
• Student loan deferment
• Health benefits and child care assistance if qualified
Minority and women applicants are particularly encouraged to apply. For additional information about NCAT or the Energy Corps, please visit our web sites at www.ncat.org and www.energycorps.org.
It is NCAT's policy and organizational philosophy to ensure that all of our employment practices, including recruitment and hiring, are administered for all individuals without regard to color, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veterans status.
Interested applicants must apply electronically by completing an AmeriCorps application at www.energycorps.org.
Completed applications must be received by Monday, April 22, 2013.
For application assistance or more information contact:
Kaleena Miller at 406-494-4572, email@example.com or visit energycorps.org.