Mission bénévole posté(e) par Friends of Tryon Creek State Park (Portland, OR)
Publié le : 25 juil. 2013
Stand Together Week 2013 at Tryon Creek State Natural Area
August 7, 2013
Volunteer with the Portland Timbers!The Portland Timbers - along with Stand Together Week sponsors: adidas, Alaska Airlines, Century Link, Coca-Cola, and Providence Health & Services - are organizing Stand Together Week 2013 as a call to action to get involved in our community.
RSVP to email@example.com today for the opportunity to volunteer alongside a Portland Timbers or Thorns player, ambassador, or mascot Timber Joey!
Let's Stand Together and make a difference in our community! Pull together to remove invasive English ivy and to protect our forest. Ivy out competes our native plants, covers tree canopy stopping photosynthesis, takes over the forest floor and ruins precious habitat. We choose to remove this ivy manually without chemicals in order to minimize damage to the ecosystem, so help from the greater community is very much appreciated.
• Come to 11321 SW Terwilliger Blvd. 97219
• Parking space is limited so carpooling is recommended if possible
• All minors must be checked in at the Nature Center with their minor's insurance form signed by a parent/guardian (can be found on our website at www.tryonfriends.org)
• Anyone under 14 MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian
• Gloves provided
• Please bring your own water bottle
• Please dress for the weather, to get dirty, and to be off trail (sturdy shoes and long pants are strongly suggested)
• We usually need to hike at least 15-20 minutes to get to the spot where we will be working