Mission bénévole posté(e) par NGO Committee on the Status of Women, New York
Publié le : 17 janv. 2013
Are you interested in women's issues?
Do you have event planning experience?
Do you want to volunteer with an organization dedicated exclusively to gender equality and advancement of women?
Then look no further! The NGO Committee on the Status of Women (NGO CSW/NY) is looking for a number of volunteers for the annual CSW 57 conference taking place in March 4-15, 2013. NGO CSW/NY organizes an NGO CSW Forum that includes an NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day and NGO CSW Forum Parallel Events during the annual UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) meeting in New York. And last, but not least, volunteers are able to help out with The Celebration March, which is literally a group of hundreds of women's empowerment activists marching through New York in celebration of the CSW 57.
So what are we looking from you? We ask our volunteers to be able to:
Quite an amazing opportunity, don't you think? In addition, this is a great networking opportunity to create and enhance amazing relationships with various people and NGOs from all over the world.
Now, just in case you are unfamiliar with the NGO CSW/NY, we are a non-profit corporation organized to bring non-governmental organizations from around the world together to work towards advancing the status of women worldwide. The Committee has a membership in New York of about 250 individuals representing nearly 100 international NGOs. The Committee sponsors an international consultation each year, just prior to meetings of the UN Commission on the Status of Women. In addition, the Committee offers training for NGO representatives who come to New York to attend meetings of the Commission. The Committee is affiliated with the Conference of NGOs (CoNGO) in Consultative Relationship with the UN.
If you are interested please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached and also copy and paste the following questionnaire filled out with your information in the body of your email. (Selected candidates will be contacted by NGO CSW/NY on a rolling-basis)
NGO CSW FORUM 57 - Volunteer Questionnaire
1. What do you know about the NGO CSW conference?
2. Are you going to school? If so, where? What are you studying?
3. Do you have event planning experience? If yes, please describe your experience(s).
4. (Please choose one) How are your photography skills?
5. (Please Choose All That Apply) Which languages are you capable of speaking?
Other (please specify)
6. Are you capable of using a PC and/or Mac?
7. (Please Choose One of the Following) The CSW 57 Conference is from 4-15 March 2013. How many days per week would you be able to volunteer?
8. Per day the conference runs approximately from 8am – 8pm (divided by 3 shifts a day for volunteers). Please check which shifts would best suit you:
8:00am – 1:00pm
4:00pm – 8:00pm
9. Do you live relatively close to the NGO CSW, 777 United Nations Plaza? How long is your commute?
More or less than 30 minutes
More or less than 45 minutes
More than an hour
10. What would you like to gain from this volunteer opportunity?