Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par One More Option - Ecuador
Publié le : 26 nov. 2012
Description of volunteer position
Since 1996 Ayudemos a Vivir has been welcoming handicapped children to assist them in improving their health, education and social integration. These children have now grown up are beginning to question their sexuality. Even if they have unique characteristics they should be helped through this important stage in adult life just as other children are.
• Topic /theme of the training: Sexuality of handicapped children
• Objectives of the training: Members should learn how to manage puberty and the sexuality of children in their charge
• Description of the expected training: Over one or two weeks the trainer will give advice, draw on their own experiences and lead discussions to share information and suggested procedures to follow, etc. They will also supply documents which the employees can refer to and use to inform people hired in future.
• The foundation's expectations and objectives regarding the training: The members of the organisation (coordinator and therapists) want to be provided with the methods and keys to understanding the sensitive issues of sexuality and puberty in handicapped children so that they can give this information to parents and the children can grow up in an environment which is aware of the issue.
• Number of hours worked per day and days worked per week? What is the availability of the people who will participate? Two or three hours in the afternoon and evening from Monday to Friday, 30 hours of training over two weeks.
- Training given by a member of the network or by an external specialist: Unimportant
• Profile of the chosen specialist/expert to conduct the training: A health professional who has worked with handicapped people and has practical experience or training on issues of sexuality of handicapped people.
• Desired duration of the training: From two weeks to one month.
• Place where the training can be given : Quito, in the General Coordinator's community restaurant.
- Estimated cost of the training (including the cost of material, transport, communication, etc.)
Voluntary: Travel until association and food per day: 5.25$ for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.
A letter in support of application accompanied with a CV, in French and in Spanish, in which will be highlighted your work experiences and your associative commitments.