Mission bénévole posté(e) par South Bronx United, Inc.
Publié le : 25 sept. 2013
SOCCER FOR SUCCESS COACH
Dates: Fall: September – November Spring: March – June
Location: Mullaly Park, 165th and Jerome, Bronx NY 10452
Times: 3 days a week (Generally Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays) from 4pm -6pm.
Scope of Work
South Bronx United teams with the Claudio Reyna and US Soccer Foundations to provide the Soccer for Success afterschool program for children ages 7-13. The program serves between 40-60 kids from 4-6pm, 3 days a week in teaching basic soccer skills while also helping youth learn about healthy living. The soccer curriculum incorporates mini lessons on nutrition. Coaches assist the lead site supervisor in running the practices and supervising the children. Coaches are asked to commit to coaching at least one session a week (2 hours).
Essential Position Functions
- Positively encourage and teach children during lessons and games
- Support our philosophy of (1) Fun Soccer, (2) Everyone Plays/Equal playing time, (3) Balanced Teams, (4) Positive Coaching Sportsmanship, (5) Player Development through small-sided games.
- Communicate with other coaches, players, and parents to promote a positive and safe environment.
- Help maintain a safe and structured environment for all children.
- Work consistently with South Bronx United staff, volunteers, and site personnel as needed.
- Reliable and flexible (arrive at least 10 minutes prior to start time)
- Willing to learn about and work with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Willing to adhere to volunteer and workplace policies
- Experience & commitment to working with children and youth.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effective in English; additional fluency in Spanish, French, Wolof or Twi is a plus.
If interested, please visit http://www.southbronxunited.org/getpages/volunteer to fill out an application for the position that you are applying for.
Also email your resume and availibility to Info@southbronxunited.org .