Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par Hostelling International - Portland, Northwest Hostel
Publié le : 3 déc. 2012
Lead walking tours around Nob Hill and the Pearl district, pointing out interesting historical information, city trivia, and other relevant information about Portland. to create the opportunity for travelers to learn about the historical and cultural relevance of the area and have an one-on-one encounter with a local. Local volunteers offer a unique insider's perspective to our hostel guests.
• Lead a group of hostellers on a local area walking tour.
• Speak about specific points of interest (walking tour scripts are available).
• Research and develop (add to) historically and culturally accurate script.
• Add a local perspective to the guest experience.
• Provide a fun outdoor activity for hostellers.
• Be part of HI-USA's ongoing effort to open our local community to travelers, highlighting our unique history and culture.
• Strengthen our repertoire of fun and exciting group activities offered to guests on a regular basis.
Training and Support:
• Orientation on programs and activities provided by HI-Portland, Northwest Hostel.
• Training on group facilitation skills.
• Attend at least one HI-Portland, Northwest Hostel Walking Tour to observe process and techniques.
• Script and/or other written materials provided.
• Reports to HI-Portland, Northwest Hostel activities coordinator. .
• Interest in helping hostellers better understand our community.
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
• Interest in public speaking, history, and culture.
• Physically active.
• Minimum of three hours per month for six months.
• Tours can be scheduled morning, afternoon & evenings (can be any day of the week).
• Consult with hostel activities coordinator for scheduling.
• Resumé building experience and a letter of reference at the end of the assignment.
• Meet people from all over the world.
• Learn about local culture and history.
• Public speaking and foreign language building experience.
Contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com