Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par Our Piece of the Pie®
Publié le : 2 janv. 2013
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Support Youth Business manager in the facilitation of daily activities consisting of hands-on curriculum (music production, art, woodworking, etc.) and pre-employment training.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Assist in teaching hands on content skills, professional workplace behaviors and serve as mentor in the teaching of life skills.
• Assist in arrangement and upkeep of classroom as well as all equipment and materials.
• Provide insight and guidance to careers related to program content.
• Act as a role model in daily interactions with staff and youth in accordance with OPP values.
• Maintain prompt hours according to program schedule; notify Youth Business Manager in case of illness. Candidate must be able to commit to volunteering for at least one or more days a week for a 10 week cycle
• Maintain neat and clean appearance.
• Attend in‑service training as needed.
• Follow personnel policies of OPP, Inc.
a) Be eighteen (18) years of age of older.
b) Have at least a high school diploma/GED and some college or a college degree.
c) Must pass a National Criminal History Record Information Check under the National Child Protection Act.
If you're interested in volunteering to help urban youth become successful adults, please call Toka Okamoto by phone at (860)761-7331, or email Toka.Okamoto@opp.org.