Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par Huvadhoo Aid
Publié le : 3 déc. 2012
Many Maldivians want to know more about IT and are willing to commit and learn in order to broaden their horizons, but often the lack of human resources provides a significant boundary. A better knowledge of computers greatly increases peoples, in particular youths, ability to find themselves jobs and advance in the world. Volunteering as a computer in the Maldives, you will not only be living and working in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, you will also be providing a significant helping hand to many locals who would greatly benefit from it. To work as a computer instructor, we require applicants to have a fundamental knowledge of computer processes and programs (such as Microsoft office, Corel Draw and Adobe). This knowledge, combined with a passion for helping others and a desire to live on a tropical island, will make you an ideal applicant for this role.
Why Should you Volunteer with us
Swimming and Snorkeling
With temperatures lingering often around 30°C and humidity often surpassing the 80% mark, even murky water would look tempting… But here in the Maldives our pristine oceans are one of our proudest and most beautiful assets. Azure-blue, crystal clear water and coral reefs teeming with fish visible just below the surface of the water are trademarks of our nation. It is undeniably tempting to plunge into the ocean on a daily basis. We offer some of the best snorkeling in the world – for free! Simply grab some flippers and a mask and you're set to go, simply step off the edge of the island. Our volunteers will be more than willing to take you snorkeling whenever you wish to.
The fish are plentiful and wondrous here in the Maldives, and when snorkeling you will frequently find yourself staring face to face with rare tropical species or ensconced within a school of fish. The reefs themselves are beautiful, and truly are a wonder of nature. They are not only home to myriad species of fish, but also to starfish, clams, sea cucumbers and many others. Turtles have also been known to be spotted swimming lazily around the interior of the atoll!
A number of our volunteers own their own boats, and most of those have a passion for fishing! Fishing, besides making up a large percentage of the country's economy, is a favourite past-time of many of the inhabitants. Locals and volunteers alike will offer to take you fishing whenever you wish, and fishing in the beautiful waters surrounding our island, catching such a wide variety of exotic fish, is the experience of a life time! Night-time fishing in particular, is an opportunity not to be missed.
Any fish caught can also be prepared and eaten locally, with evening beach barbeques almost as common as the fishing trips that precede them!
Once a week, Island Volunteer will arrange a group trip to one of the many nearby uninhabited islands. Picnics on such islands are great fun, and offer volunteers an opportunity to explore, sunbathe and relax in a tropical paradise.
Barbeques on an uninhabited beach, with a few good friends, are truly one of the greatest things the Maldives have to offer. The idea of exploring a completely wild island should also appeal to the adventurous side of our volunteers!
Island Volunteer is ran entirely by Huvadhoo Aid, an NGO based on island of Huvadhoo Atoll. This not-for-profit set up ensures that the entirety of your fee is spent on the costs of your placement. This means that your entire fee goes back into aiding the community.
Our volunteering fees include all your food and accommodation, a local sim-card for your phone, visa costs, 24 hour support, local transportation both to and within the atoll, weekly activities and anything else you will require specific to your placement. Weekly activities may involve fishing trips, snorkeling round the coral reefs or picnics to uninhabited islands. Locals will more often than not be used for transport within the atoll, and as much of our food as possible is locally sourced. Our transparent policy ensures that our volunteers know exactly where their money goes. You will be able to see precisely what your money is being spent on and if you have any questions or issues at all, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Additional to the program fee is an administration Fee - This US$200 fee helps to cover the administrative costs involved for the time and work between our application review and your arrival in Maldives such as visa applications, office overheads and local staff.
Our activities as an NGO greatly benefit the local community, and when you join our family you too will be able to watch your time and money become invested in the happiness of the local people.
Duration Currency Amount
3 Weeks US Dollar 1,050.00
4 weeks US Dollar 1,400.00
6 weeks US Dollar 2,000.00
8 Weeks US Dollar 2,550.00
10 weeks US Dollar 3,050.00
12 Weeks 12 weeks 3,600.00
More than 12 weeks – USD 285 per week.
What you get for the fee:
Volunteer placement within Huvadhoo Aid or with one of our partner NGOs.
Domestic transportation from Male international airport to the island. This includes a flight to Komandhoo airport followed by a boat ride to the island where you stay
Minimum of one picnic to nearby uninhabited island, although more often than not this will be a weekly occurrence!
Accommodation for the length of your stay, and 3 full meals a day (4 if you include afternoon tea!)
Optional Dhivehi (the national language) lessons.
Visa for the length of your stay (details of which will be provided before your flight).
Local member to ensure you have everything you need and constant support throughout your stay.
A Dhiraagu sim-card so you can make local calls and texts (you must provide your own phone, however, and pay for your own calls and texts).
Returning volunteer discount
Early bird special
stay with us can be tailored to suit your personal preferences.
1. Select the type of voluntary program you would like to become involved with
2. Select the preferred dates of your trip
3. Tell us any activities you would particularly like to get involved in by filling out the relevant section of the application form. This will help us organize any activities outside of volunteering to give you the best possible experience in the Maldives.
4. Complete the rest of the application form and email it to us at email@example.com
5. Please also attach with your application form email the following items:
i. A scanned copy of the photo page of your passport
ii. A scanned copy of your education certificates
iii. A copy of your CV
5. Once your documents have been received and a suitable placement has been arranged, we will email you giving confirmation of your placement dates and an invoice for your payment. The fee given will be used to cover food during your stay (3 meals a day and afternoon tea), your accommodation and the administrative costs.
6. As soon as you have paid your invoice, please email us a receipt so we can finalize arrangements and begin applying for your visa. For teaching, medical and counseling placements we will also a police report that we can send along with your visa application.
7. Once your flights have been booked, email us a copy of your flight summary, a scan of your plane tickets and a copy of your travel insurance so that we can make the necessary domestic transfer arrangements.
8. Once everything has been confirmed, we will email you with all the necessary information that you will require before embarking on your placement. This will include information about your placement and the community you will be living in, a list of suggested clothing and personal items, and instructions on how to fill in your arrivals card when you enter the country.
9. If you have any extra requirements or need any other documentation from us, or just have some questions about Island Volunteer or volunteering in the Maldives, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us!