Une mission bénévole
Une mission bénévole posté par Promoting Enduring Peace
Publié le : 26 nov. 2012
Promoting Enduring Peace is seeking founding members of the PeaceNews Editorial Council. PeaceNews (peacenews.org) provides a daily feed and a weekly summary of news, commentary, and analysis related to the movements striving to achieve a sustainable world peace. PeaceNews has a special interest in reporting on the interdependence of world peace and environmental harmony, reflected in the organization's motto: "Peace on Earth — Peace with Earth."
In the 20th Century PEP mailed over 10 million pieces of peace education material to recipients in many nations. In the 21st Century PEP is substituting an email-based service called PeaceNews, located at Peacenews.org. Over the past year a beta version of that service has been developed. For logistical reasons the perspective at present is North American, though the coverage is worldwide.
PEP plans to form the PeaceNews Editorial Council prior to rolling out the production version of PeaceNews nationally. Peace educators affiliated with higher education, as well as students enrolled in peace education courses, are especially invited to apply, but others with a strong commitment to contributing to an enduring peace area also welcome to apply for this volunteer position. The participation of a peace education class, as a class project, would also be welcome.
Editorial Council members are expected to…
• contribute articles, speeches, and multimedia items they believe will be helpful to peace educators, their students, and all who participate in movements for a sustainable peace.
• favor items that demonstrate the connection between world peace and environmental harmony, and the value of nonviolent strategies and tactics for achieving those goals.
• avoid items that do not reflect the facts of an issue, or reflect an extreme ideological viewpoint.
• advise the Editor of PeaceNews concerning which submissions should be selected for inclusion in daily or weekly editions of PeaceNews.
• provide guidance and evaluation concerning the appearance, content, and mission of PeaceNews, either via individual communications with the Editor or via an optional monthly teleconference.
• represent and promote PeaceNews in their local areas and to their affinity groups. (No fundraising is expected.)
Each Editorial Council member will be asked to cover a number of the publications PeaceNews regularly surveys, and is also invited to submit items from other sources, especially those in their local area such as speeches and conferences. Each member will submit up to 20 items per month, or 5 per week, or 1 per day, according to the member's convenience, from which the Editor will select the items to be published. A member can be physically located anywhere in North America.
The initial term for an Editorial Council member will be three months. If mutually agreeable, PEP will invite the member to continue to serve for renewable terms of one year
Please contact office@PEPeace.org for more information and to express your interest.
Links: PEPeace.org , PeaceNews.org